I’m sorry, Mr. & Mrs. Seller, but don’t shoot the messenger. Whenever a good Realtor talks to you about listing your house for sale, they should always go into a discussion about pricing the house correctly so it will sell. Some agents will promise a price in order to “buy” the listing, but the good agents will fight with the seller to get the house listed at a price where the house will sell. I don’t know how some agents work, but I have a plethora of tools I use to show a home seller where a listing should be priced. As a result, when I place a listing it really disturbs me when I have to do a price reduction. Sometimes another agent will convince a naive seller that they can get the inflated price promised by an agent who is more concerned about a listing than getting the property sold. There is a difference. Then we came into the current market. I was talking with my office manager and mentioned I have had to do more price reductions this year than in all the prior years of my career combined. It really can be disheartening when a home seller has entrusted me with the sale of their house, at the price the market indicates, then face the reality of no activity n the property! This scenario has been going on for too long. In fact, the Tulsa World had an article about this very thing. Click the image to view the article from Sunday, August 15th, 2010.
Leave a Reply
Calculator - Can you afford this house?
|Monthly Gross Income||$|
|Monthly Debt Expenses [?]
Monthly Debt and Obligations Should Include:
- Oklahoma Odessey
- Oklahoma Schools Ratings
- START HERE
- Current Market Trends
- Property Search Page
- Buy Using Lease to Own
- My Real Estate Cybertips – Learn Some Tech Here
- Why Stay in Debt?
- Choose Wayne as Your Tulsa Realtor
- Contact Wayne by Email
- Free Home Finder Service
- Home Buyers Start Here
- Home Sellers Start Here
- The Perfect Match System for Tulsa Real Estate
- Investors and Home Sellers Safest Lease to Purchase Plan
- Your Luxury Home Realtor, Wayne Barnes
- Free Report for Senior Home Owners
- HUD Information You Can Use
- How I Work
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Homestead Exemption – Tulsa County
- Seniors Daily Benefits
- Tulsa County Property Taxes
- A Proven Way To Sell Your House
- Posts & Info
- Helping Others – Free or Low Cost Ways To Help.
- What is the Realtor® Designation?
- Recommended Businesses/Service Directory
- Manage Subscriptions
- Terms & Conditions