Help In Establishing Your Credit
Here are some points to consider when establishing your credit.
- Open and maintain checking and savings accounts.
- Save some money and purchase a Certificate of Deposit, then
borrow that money back from yourself. (Be sure to make the payments.)
- Be careful not to become overextended. Borrow only the amount you can re-pay in full when you get the bill.
- Be patient. This is going to take a little time. Once your credit is
established, be particular with how you use it.
- Apply for local department store or automotive charge accounts. (you need to change your oil every 3,000 miles. Get a Firestone card and put that expense to your gain.)
- Apply and maintain a major credit card. Example:
Visa, MasterCard, J.C. Penney and Sears, even if you need a co-signor.
- Having credit is a privilege, not a right.
- Once you have it, don’t abuse it.
There is an entire program ready to put you in control of your credit life… including identity theft protection.
Get Intelligent with Your Credit. Check out the “Ultimate Credit Intelligence System”